The abstract submission is now open.
Click here to submit an abstract.
The abstract submission regards at the same time both EHS Congress and HIP Toulouse.
Submit your abstract according to the submission by March 15th, The reviewing will take place in March / . In , the programme will be finalised. Afterwards, all presenting authors will be informed automatically (presumably ).
The corresponding author will be notified about the acceptance status of submitted abstracts The presenting author is required to before 30 June 2020.
Abstracts can be accepted either as:
- An oral communication,
- A Poster available during the whole conference in the Exhibition area.
The 14th EHS Congress welcomes the submission of abstracts for original contribution to the field in the following scientific tracks:
- Acetabular revisions
- Dissatisfied patient
- False easy primary hips
- Femoral revisions
- Hip arthroscopy
- Hip paediatrics
- Hip resurfacing
- Hip-spine relationship
- Hip surgical improvements
- Joint preservation
- New technologies
- Outcomes/proms in Hip surgery
- Periprosthetic fractures
- Postop complications
- Proximal femoral fractures
- Short stems
- Trauma of pelvis and/or hip joint
Conditions for submitting an abstract: Submission, Deadline
- Abstracts have to be submitted exclusively online.
- Deadline for application is 15th March 2020 10:00:00 CEST.
- Posters are equally submitted as abstracts related to the respective topics and will be displayed poster at the congress.
- Alterations and corrections may be executed previous to the deadline.
- Abstracts may be submitted and presented in English.
- Each contribution must relate to one of the given topics previously listed.
- The abstract is limited to 2000 characters (= approximately 350 words), incl. blanks; neither table charts nor graphic designs are permitted.
- The title should be short and significant. The text has to be orthographically suitable for publishing.
- The following structure of the abstract is mandatory: objectives, methods, results and conclusions.
- Concerning the methods, it has to be clear if the study is prospective or retrospective. Statistical procedures have to be specified.
- The methodology of data entry and evaluation of clinical papers must comprehensively describe the level of evidence (EBM-Levels).
- The setup of experimental studies has to be documented.
- The abstract has to contain all the relevant data.
- The usage of special formatting should be limited. The correct replication in all media cannot be granted.
- It is not allowed to submit abstract several times to different subjects of congress.
- The number of papers submitted by the same author is limited to 10.
- The number of authors is limited to 8 altogether. The presenter must be listed first.
- The presenter is responsible for the compliance with data protection, copyrights, ethic regulations and laws on animal protection.
- To assure the anonymous review it is not allowed to mention any names or locations in the paper.
- Results that have already been published or lectured elsewhere cannot be submitted.
- The abstract text has to be written in a way that it is usable for printing/publishing.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract.
- Accepted papers will be published in the journal “Hip International”.
- Authors’ fees or royalties cannot be claimed.
- All listed authors have to consent to the abstract text as well as to their publication in all congress media.
- Conflicts of interest by commercial support have to be disclosed.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by several experts.
- Review criteria are: Aim and objective (inventive, important, clearly defined), material and methodology (adequate design, prospective or retrospective), results (complete, trend-setting, statistically covered) and conclusions (critical, well deduced, current literature).
- Abstracts that show formal errors (multi-submission, not anonymised, already published) will be rejected.
- E-Mail notifications about acceptance or refusal will be sent to the presenting author subsequent to the reviewing process.
- In case of acceptance as oral or poster, the presenting authors must register for the Congress and pay the appropriate registration fee by the early bird deadline 30 June 2020. It will be assumed that any presenter not registered by this date has withdrawn their abstract from the programme. All co-authors have to register formally if required.
- The two best presentations, after due evaluation by the Scientific Committee, will receive an award granted by Hip International of 1,500 EUR and 1,000 EUR respectively.
- The awarded abstracts will be published as full original article/review in a forthcoming issue of “Hip International”. All accepted abstracts will be included in a regular issue of “Hip International” available at the Congress.